Search This Blog
Home > Beef > No Russian this Beef Stroganoff Recipe
No Russian this Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Posted on Senin, 28 Maret 2011 by TEAM
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite recipes of all time, but not the classic Russian version, which had neither mushrooms nor onions, and was served over rice or fried potatoes.
No, I prefer this this Americanized rendition that gets to sit on a pile of wide buttered egg noodles. There�s something about the rich, creamy, tender beef wrapped inside those fat ribbons of pasta that really does it for me.
No, I prefer this this Americanized rendition that gets to sit on a pile of wide buttered egg noodles. There�s something about the rich, creamy, tender beef wrapped inside those fat ribbons of pasta that really does it for me.
Speaking of tender beef, this isn�t the quick-seared beef tenderloin filet you often see used in restaurants. That version is nice once in a while, but I prefer this slower, beefier recipe, which uses a much less expensive beef chuck roast. That�s right, more money for vodka!
One big reason I love beef Stroganoff so much is the sauce that features a substantial amount of sour cream. Of course, that�s great news when you have access to the world�s finest homemade sour cream supply, as demonstrated in the recent creme fraiche video.
This is a fairly lean version, as most similar recipes call for more cream to create a larger volume of sauce. This is something you can easily adjust to your tastes. I like a little thicker version, with just enough sauce to coat the meat and noodles.
Remember, the great thing about creme fraiche is you can cook it to reduce and thicken the sauce if need be. So, start a batch of creme fraiche soon, and you�ll have 2 days to plan the rest of beef Stroganoff dinner. Prijatnovo appetita!
Ingredients:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 pounds beef chuck roast
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, sliced or diced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups beef broth, divided
1/2 to 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
1 tbsp fresh sliced chives
Category Article Beef
Popular Posts
-
Hello from Atlanta, where I'm hard at work eating and drinking my way around the 1st Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival . Been having...
-
This is not a tease for an upcoming fried rice video. As magnificent a meal as it was, this was simply the result of using up some leftover ...
-
This fast and easy creamy tomato tuna penne pasta recipe is inspired by one of my favorite lunches of all time; the tuna melt with cup of cr...
-
When I saw my friend, Jennifer Perillo, do a homemade butter post on her great blog, In Jennie's Kitchen , I thought it would make for ...
-
I can't think of many cold sauces that are as versatile as this fresh peach chutney . Whether it's used to top a ham and cheese snac...
-
I normally don't care too much about how absolutely accurate the color profiles of my photos are. I'm the video guy, so if the pictu...
-
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite recipes of all time, but not the classic Russian version, which had neither mushrooms nor onions, and...
-
I was doing some research on shrimp toast for an upcoming video, and I became obsessed with the thought of frying things on white bread, whi...
-
I mentioned in the recent Roasted Asparagus with Fried Prosciutto and Poached Egg video post that I'd be doing a new and improved ...
-
This light and spicy tomato crab bisque is one of my all-time favorite "need something gourmet at the last minute" emergency recip...
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.
- Appetizer (10)
- Asian Cuisine (6)
- Barbecue (6)
- Beef (18)
- Blog News (83)
- Breads (5)
- Breakfast (10)
- Cheese (8)
- Chicken (11)
- Chocolate (4)
- Dessert (8)
- Duck (3)
- Grill Recipes (5)
- Italian Cuisine (6)
- Lamb (5)
- Latin Food (3)
- Legumes (1)
- Pasta (8)
- Pork (9)
- Potato (6)
- Rice (2)
- Salads (3)
- Sandwiches (4)
- Sauces (11)
- Seafood (10)
- Side Dish (13)
- Soups (6)
- Spicy (6)
- Stews (1)
- Tips and Techniques (11)
- Turkey (3)
- Vegetables (15)
- Weekend Filler (2)
Blog Archive
online now :