Search This Blog
Home > Seafood > Fennel-Smoked Salmon � Over the Top Was Not Over the Top
Fennel-Smoked Salmon � Over the Top Was Not Over the Top
Posted on Senin, 18 Juli 2011 by TEAM
As I was eating this fennel-smoked salmon recipe, I was also enjoying a baseball game on the radio. During a critical point in the game, one of the players was thrown out trying to take an extra base; a major blunder, which the announcer blamed on, "trying to do too much." I had to chuckle, since I had just done the same thing with the salmon.
We've done a hot-smoked salmon video before, using a simple foil tray to hold and protect the fish, but his time I wanted something more aromatic and edible. It worked like a charm. This was one perfectly cooked piece of salmon.
As I say in the video, had I just served the fish over the simple, yet wonderful tomato salad, I would have had a winner, but I tried to do too much. I thought adding the smoky, caramelized remnants of the fennel would elevate the dish to even more epic levels, but that did not happen.
The fennel was tough and stringy, and after a couple bites it was pushed aside so I could concentrate on how great the rest of the plate was. Not only did the heat seem to toughen the vegetable, but also the fact I'd sliced it with the grain made things even worse. In hindsight, the grilled fennel should have been discarded and some fresh, raw fennel should have been shaved into the salad.
I hope you give this a try, especially if you have problems with salmon sticking to your grill grates. Since the fish never touches the grill here, it's easy on, easy off. Just this feature alone makes the technique worthwhile. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
2 salmon filets
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 fennel bulb (aka root, although I don't believe it's actually a root)
cold water plus a teaspoon of vinegar
For the salad:
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
pinch of sugar
juice from 1 lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
fennel tops for garnish
Category Article Seafood
One Response to “Food Wishes Video Recipes”
Popular Posts
-
Hello from Atlanta, where I'm hard at work eating and drinking my way around the 1st Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival . Been having...
-
This is not a tease for an upcoming fried rice video. As magnificent a meal as it was, this was simply the result of using up some leftover ...
-
This fast and easy creamy tomato tuna penne pasta recipe is inspired by one of my favorite lunches of all time; the tuna melt with cup of cr...
-
Photo (c) David Blaine's Flickr Photostream I get lots of requests for Beef Wellington, especially around the holidays. In case you don...
-
I normally don't care too much about how absolutely accurate the color profiles of my photos are. I'm the video guy, so if the pictu...
-
I was doing some research on shrimp toast for an upcoming video, and I became obsessed with the thought of frying things on white bread, whi...
-
I can't think of many cold sauces that are as versatile as this fresh peach chutney . Whether it's used to top a ham and cheese snac...
-
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite recipes of all time, but not the classic Russian version, which had neither mushrooms nor onions, and...
-
Is there anything less inspiring than a boneless-skinless chicken breast? There must be, but for the sake of this post, let's say there...
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.
- Appetizer (10)
- Asian Cuisine (6)
- Barbecue (6)
- Beef (18)
- Blog News (83)
- Breads (5)
- Breakfast (10)
- Cheese (8)
- Chicken (11)
- Chocolate (4)
- Dessert (8)
- Duck (3)
- Grill Recipes (5)
- Italian Cuisine (6)
- Lamb (5)
- Latin Food (3)
- Legumes (1)
- Pasta (8)
- Pork (9)
- Potato (6)
- Rice (2)
- Salads (3)
- Sandwiches (4)
- Sauces (11)
- Seafood (10)
- Side Dish (13)
- Soups (6)
- Spicy (6)
- Stews (1)
- Tips and Techniques (11)
- Turkey (3)
- Vegetables (15)
- Weekend Filler (2)
Blog Archive
online now :
Wonderful read! This post provides useful knowledge and helpful guidance that readers can truly benefit from. Keep up the excellent work.
Anyone looking for Alkaline Water Massapequa should check out Juice N Blendz, known for its commitment to freshness, wellness, and quality beverages.