Search This Blog
Home > Vegetables > You'll Heart This Artichoke Gratin
You'll Heart This Artichoke Gratin
Posted on Minggu, 28 November 2010 by TEAM
This easy, all-veggie appetizer idea is proof you don't have to make a dish, to reinvent it. For all the millions of meals I've cooked and/or eaten, I can't remember ever having cooked and/or eaten an artichoke gratin.
From what I've seen, it's usually made in a shallow baking dish like any other vegetable casserole, and always features some form of crispy, caramelized gratin topping. So, while I can�t claim to have made the original, I was pretty sure it would translate to a nice, small party bite.I made this as a last-minute appetizer at Thanksgiving, but fried it in a skillet to get the crusty coating on the artichokes. This time I went to the broiler with even better, and less messy results.
This would make a great hors d'oeuvre at any holiday gathering, and as you'll see in the video, a deviled eggs tray makes for a cool serving platter. By the way, extra credit for getting the "bacon of eggs" joke in the recipe.
Of course, this can also be served as an extra special side dish with just about any main course. I hope you give these easy and delicious artichoke hearts a try. Enjoy!
Artichoke Hearts Gratin Ingredients:
Makes 12 halves
6 artichoke hearts, drained
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoon plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
lemon
Category Article Appetizer, Vegetables
Popular Posts
-
Hello from Atlanta, where I'm hard at work eating and drinking my way around the 1st Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival . Been having...
-
This fast and easy creamy tomato tuna penne pasta recipe is inspired by one of my favorite lunches of all time; the tuna melt with cup of cr...
-
I can't think of many cold sauces that are as versatile as this fresh peach chutney . Whether it's used to top a ham and cheese snac...
-
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite recipes of all time, but not the classic Russian version, which had neither mushrooms nor onions, and...
-
When I saw my friend, Jennifer Perillo, do a homemade butter post on her great blog, In Jennie's Kitchen , I thought it would make for ...
-
I mentioned in the recent Roasted Asparagus with Fried Prosciutto and Poached Egg video post that I'd be doing a new and improved ...
-
When I was a young boy, many summer lunches were spent at my grandparent's table, and that's where I first learned to enjoy fresh ve...
-
This is not a tease for an upcoming fried rice video. As magnificent a meal as it was, this was simply the result of using up some leftover ...
-
I forgot I promised to post the video for the simple peach sauce I used to drizzle over the duck breasts in the stove-top sous vide recipe ....
-
Can you really cook a completely frozen turkey? Apparently you can. My friend Stephanie, About.com's Guide to Cooking for Kids , sent me...
- Appetizer (10)
- Asian Cuisine (6)
- Barbecue (6)
- Beef (18)
- Blog News (83)
- Breads (5)
- Breakfast (10)
- Cheese (8)
- Chicken (11)
- Chocolate (4)
- Dessert (8)
- Duck (3)
- Grill Recipes (5)
- Italian Cuisine (6)
- Lamb (5)
- Latin Food (3)
- Legumes (1)
- Pasta (8)
- Pork (9)
- Potato (6)
- Rice (2)
- Salads (3)
- Sandwiches (4)
- Sauces (11)
- Seafood (10)
- Side Dish (13)
- Soups (6)
- Spicy (6)
- Stews (1)
- Tips and Techniques (11)
- Turkey (3)
- Vegetables (15)
- Weekend Filler (2)
Blog Archive
online now :