Search This Blog
Home > Vegetables > Sufferin' Succotash Salad
Sufferin' Succotash Salad
Posted on Kamis, 07 Juli 2011 by TEAM
I've been looking for a tasty way to show off this ultra-fast and easy barbecue sauce vinaigrette idea, and this almost raw succotash salad proved to be a perfect vehicle. And to think, I almost ruined it by doing it the right way.
Originally, I was going to grill the corn first, and then slice the cooked kernels into the salad. As I started to prep, I took a little nibble off the end of the ear, and it was so sweet and juicy that I decided to change the plan, and go au natural.
Thanks to the sweet, starchy crunch of the raw corn, the combination of tastes and textures in this salad is outstanding. Sure, you could certainly add more than the four ingredients called for here, but I'm wondering if that would really make this any more perfect.
This succotash salad is great for those occasions when you need to bring a side dish to the company picnic, or family reunion, and want to arrive with something that looks like you put in a lot more effort into it than you actually did.
As you'll see in the clip, the dressing could not be simpler, but will rely on a quality barbecue sauce to bring everything together. I used my wife Michele's famous SFQ sauce, but your favorite barbecue sauce should work out as well (assuming it's deeply-flavored, complex, and kind of spicy).
Anyway, this may not be the most exciting, or visually thrilling thing we've made around here, but what it lacks in aesthetic charm, it more than makes up for in everything else. I hope you give it a try soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
2 ears fresh sweet corn
1 large red bell pepper, small dice
4 green onions, chopped fine
1 can white beans, rinsed, drained
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Dressing:
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Category Article Salads, Side Dish, Vegetables
Popular Posts
-
This fast and easy creamy tomato tuna penne pasta recipe is inspired by one of my favorite lunches of all time; the tuna melt with cup of cr...
-
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite recipes of all time, but not the classic Russian version, which had neither mushrooms nor onions, and...
-
When I saw my friend, Jennifer Perillo, do a homemade butter post on her great blog, In Jennie's Kitchen , I thought it would make for ...
-
I mentioned in the recent Roasted Asparagus with Fried Prosciutto and Poached Egg video post that I'd be doing a new and improved ...
-
When I was a young boy, many summer lunches were spent at my grandparent's table, and that's where I first learned to enjoy fresh ve...
-
This is not a tease for an upcoming fried rice video. As magnificent a meal as it was, this was simply the result of using up some leftover ...
-
Hello from Atlanta, where I'm hard at work eating and drinking my way around the 1st Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival . Been having...
-
I forgot I promised to post the video for the simple peach sauce I used to drizzle over the duck breasts in the stove-top sous vide recipe ....
-
This post's original title was, " Lobster Scrambled Eggs � I Wonder What the Poor People are Having for Breakfast Today?" Of c...
-
They say timing is everything, and that was certainly the case this morning. Due to a blur of licensing contracts, book proposals, travel ar...
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.
- Appetizer (10)
- Asian Cuisine (6)
- Barbecue (6)
- Beef (18)
- Blog News (83)
- Breads (5)
- Breakfast (10)
- Cheese (8)
- Chicken (11)
- Chocolate (4)
- Dessert (8)
- Duck (3)
- Grill Recipes (5)
- Italian Cuisine (6)
- Lamb (5)
- Latin Food (3)
- Legumes (1)
- Pasta (8)
- Pork (9)
- Potato (6)
- Rice (2)
- Salads (3)
- Sandwiches (4)
- Sauces (11)
- Seafood (10)
- Side Dish (13)
- Soups (6)
- Spicy (6)
- Stews (1)
- Tips and Techniques (11)
- Turkey (3)
- Vegetables (15)
- Weekend Filler (2)
Blog Archive
online now :