Search This Blog
Home > Pork > You Want Your Baby Back Ribs? Sure, Just Stop Singing that Song!
You Want Your Baby Back Ribs? Sure, Just Stop Singing that Song!
Posted on Selasa, 11 Januari 2011 by TEAM
Why am I'm doing a baby back ribs video in the dead of winter. I love how they taste. Sorry I don't have a more interesting answer for you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let the earth's periodical tilting away from the sun prevent me from enjoying these tasty pieces of pork.
I'll be the first to admit this is not the best technique for doing ribs. You just can't replace slowly roasting the meat over smoky coals, but, that said, this baked in the oven version is way beyond respectable.
I've always found baby back ribs a very user-friendly product. Unless you severely over or undercooked them, they're pretty hard to mess up. I know I'm going to get all kinds of tips and tricks for the ultimate rib � the plastic wrap, the steaming, the braising, the marinating � but quite frankly, I've never seen the need.Maybe this summer I'll try some of the more interesting ideas, but for this early January, this will do just fine. Speaking of ideas, yes, those are chicharrones on the plate of ribs. You're welcome.
This works with literally any dry rub and barbecue sauce combo. I've posted a basic, all-purpose rub recipe below, in case you're interested. For the sauce, I've of course used Michele's SFQ, but any premium quality barbecue sauce will work.
Anyway, if you're in the mood for a little virtual trip into summer, I hope you give this technique a try. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 full rack of baby back ribs
1 cup barbecue sauce
Dry Rub Recipe (makes a lot extra)
1/4 cup salt
1/4 white sugar
1/4 raw sugar (turbino) or brown sugar
1/2 cup ancho chili powder
2 tbsps freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
Category Article Barbecue, Pork
Popular Posts
-
This fast and easy creamy tomato tuna penne pasta recipe is inspired by one of my favorite lunches of all time; the tuna melt with cup of cr...
-
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite recipes of all time, but not the classic Russian version, which had neither mushrooms nor onions, and...
-
When I saw my friend, Jennifer Perillo, do a homemade butter post on her great blog, In Jennie's Kitchen , I thought it would make for ...
-
I mentioned in the recent Roasted Asparagus with Fried Prosciutto and Poached Egg video post that I'd be doing a new and improved ...
-
When I was a young boy, many summer lunches were spent at my grandparent's table, and that's where I first learned to enjoy fresh ve...
-
This is not a tease for an upcoming fried rice video. As magnificent a meal as it was, this was simply the result of using up some leftover ...
-
I'd like to congratulate my friend, and resident Food Wishes beer consultant, Jesse Friedman, who has recently taken the plunge into the...
-
Hello from Atlanta, where I'm hard at work eating and drinking my way around the 1st Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival . Been having...
-
I forgot I promised to post the video for the simple peach sauce I used to drizzle over the duck breasts in the stove-top sous vide recipe ....
-
This post's original title was, " Lobster Scrambled Eggs � I Wonder What the Poor People are Having for Breakfast Today?" Of c...
- Appetizer (10)
- Asian Cuisine (6)
- Barbecue (6)
- Beef (18)
- Blog News (83)
- Breads (5)
- Breakfast (10)
- Cheese (8)
- Chicken (11)
- Chocolate (4)
- Dessert (8)
- Duck (3)
- Grill Recipes (5)
- Italian Cuisine (6)
- Lamb (5)
- Latin Food (3)
- Legumes (1)
- Pasta (8)
- Pork (9)
- Potato (6)
- Rice (2)
- Salads (3)
- Sandwiches (4)
- Sauces (11)
- Seafood (10)
- Side Dish (13)
- Soups (6)
- Spicy (6)
- Stews (1)
- Tips and Techniques (11)
- Turkey (3)
- Vegetables (15)
- Weekend Filler (2)
Blog Archive
online now :