Search This Blog

Shrimp Cooked on Himalayan Pink Salt � I Sherpa Hope You Like It!

I've always wanted to cook something on Himalayan pink salt, but I just can't for the life of me tell you why. I knew that flavor-wise there couldn�t be any real difference between cooking on pink salt, and simply seasoning with it, but that didn�t seem to matter.

Just the idea of cooking on what's basically a slab of crystal, appealed to some indefinable internal force inside of me. Having said that, I still reserve the right to continue to mock those people that wear crystals for their healing properties, because that's just nuts.

Anyway, back to these shrimp. As I summarize in the video: it was fun, I'm glad I did it, but I don't think I would do it again, unless it was for some showy, interactive first course.

There's no doubt letting your guests cook their own shrimp on hot, pink salt would definitely be a neat way to start off a dinner party.

Above and beyond the Himalayan pink salt experiment, the
ultra-simple shrimp preparation seen here can be easily adapted to your trusty non-crystal saute pan.

You'll be pleasantly surprised how good seared shrimp are with nothing more than a pinch of cumin and cayenne. Just don�t forget the salt! Enjoy.

Note: After you cook on it, the salt block can be scraped clean, rinsed off (even though they said not to), and wiped dry. It's a completely antiseptic surface and can be reused as many times as possible.



Ingredients:
1 pound large shrimp
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
salt to taste if using conventional cooking methods


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...









free counters



Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.